Friday, December 10, 2010

2 minute verses... The Youth...

"The Youth"



This, my son, will take you far
Over compressed mettle coated with tar
Use it wisely, to make love, not war
Thus spake Dad, handing me his car

I drove it carefully, with optimum haste
Mine is a young life, too good to waste
I had visions no pessimism could mar
As I drove down to the nearest BAR

But s*#&, in the quest I was betrayed
For my lack of GK, I dearly paid
Fate and politics played hard with me
Twas dry day..
..Anniversary of someone named Gandhi(ji)


 (The bit below was added when the group I sent the above to complained that the ending was a tad too sad for the protagonist)

On the way back, I'll have you know
I did pick up my girl for a movie show
Afterwards, we parked in the lonely wood
And made love, like Dad said I should...;)

No comments:

Post a Comment