Friday, December 10, 2010

2 minute verses... Sunrise

[This one is from a later period, when one of my junior friends, Diya, gave me a topic on Vrishchika 1, 2008]


"Sunrise"

An angel came before me one dawn
and said, 'with you, I'm pleased
Ask anything, a wish you've won'
But my desires were deceased

I replied 'looking at this scene serene
I realize I've everything I want'...
"Won't you think of what you could have been"
Saying thus did he again taunt

I replied 'I could've been deaf
and not heard these sweet bird calls
I couldn't have enjoyed a clef
of the music when rain falls'

'I could've been mute, no sound from me
would've joined this worlds great symphony

'I could've had no sense of smell
or perhaps, no sense of taste
Flowers by scent I wouldn't be able to tell
And all cuisine would go to waste

I could've been devoid of the feel of touch
and not have felt this breeze's caress
Maybe to others, I don't have much
But what I have to me is not less...

O tempting One, I tell thee...
A great thing it would be
For a blind man to just see...
For him, wouldn't it be a big prize
To have a vision of this sunrise?

No comments:

Post a Comment