Friday, December 10, 2010

2 minute verses... Dive in again...

[To be honest, this wasn't a strictly 2 minute verse... Once I got started, I got carried away, and took more than thirty...:)]


Do I dare dive in again?

The froth laps my kneecaps
The sand gets in through the pores
As they recede, filling the gaps
The waves sweep me from the shore

Each wave's a temptation, each tide is a bond
The sea is the vast, wide, variegated world
The charm - the lure of earthly love, of which the heart is fond
The fear - of against heartbreaking boulders being hurled

The calm, serene and golden sands
The restless, deceptive, dark waves
The new-age gurus and their magic wands
The aphorisms issuing from the ancient's caves

To whom do I have to prove
My nature, my freedom, my joy
Do I have to stand still, or move
Should I be brash n bold, or coy

It's not the first time I've gone in
to swim in the sea of life
But why do I want to re-enter din
When I've found silent shore after strife

And still I walk in knee deep water
The waves still enticing, beckoning, cajoling
But the shore's a goddess, once you caught her
and loved her, truly, there's no returning...

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog, really loved the writings and the R 2 R concept.

    One more addition
    from Raseelee to Rapturous

    Great work dude :)

    ReplyDelete