After 2 minute verses, here is the next round…
The setting: In the afternoon, at the vaidyasala, when it is all sultry and there are no patients, I frequently find myself drifting off to see the Sandman. To shrug it off, sometimes I open a dictionary that I keep there at a random page, look for the words which aren’t used that often, and then try to concoct something around them.
Say, for example, I sight the word ‘Lanolin’ (a refined derivative of the fat-like sebaceous secretion of sheep, used in ointments and such as a base)… in due time, this happens.
I went to the bar the other day,
It was being renovated, I walked into a bar
You wouldn’t know now, the scar’s gone away
The ointment the barman gave saved the day
It had turpentine, egg-white and banana extract
Snake oil and bear fat for extra healing impact
All this and more were processed and put in
a base of old antibacterial handwash and lanolin.
No comments:
Post a Comment