Monday, August 30, 2021

Metacognition: 2 minute verses

How do we know 

which ones to keep

And which should be let go

Which ones to sow

Which ones to reap

And which ones to let flow


Cut and polish some

Till they catch light

And declare them in style

Those not handsome

And dark too, fight

For attention all the while


We mine our mind

Examine thoughts

Extract elements from ore

Hit play, rewind

Connect seen dots

Forward to find there's more


We see the route

We take to see

What we are looking for

It's Loud or Mute

But commentary

Is there as an under-score



Who hears trees that fall in the forest

 the chords and chorus in my head

Who understands harmony and unrest

And thinks before I say what I said...


This track exists, and this I know

You're hearing it now too

Plot has it's twists, how did I know?

I don't now, but now I do...

(You are hearing it, it's true!)

No comments:

Post a Comment